It's hard to believe, but I'm finally in Kona! The last three weeks have been a whirlwind blur for me...finishing up work, packing up my life, celebrating Christmas & my birthday, heading to Chile for 10 days, laundry & more packing, saying goodbyes...and now in Kona. I've been in go mode, which means I don't allow myself to stop and think or really process. You gotta do what you gotta do and get the job done. It's usually after the fact that I process things that have happened, or see how I'm feeling. So I've been focused on just getting things in order and getting here. I know as time goes on, and as I get moments here and there, I'll probably begin to remember things that have gone on in the last few weeks, and feel things.
For example, yesterday as I was sitting in various airports, I began to really miss my friends from home. I have been blessed with amazing friends at my church. On Saturday night, they threw me a going away party that I was completely blessed by. Not only was there yummy food & games, but they also gave me a wonderful mug with handwritten notes from each of them, plus an awesome photo album that had pictures of me with them, along with various notes of encouragement and scriptures from them. But the thing that touched my heart the most was when they went around the room sharing how I had impacted their lives. I was so surprised and so incredibly encouraged by their words, and feel so honored to be allowed in their lives. And finally, they all gathered around me to pray for me and send me off. I loved it! It's not often that you come across such wonderful friends who encourage you to follow God & what's on your heart, and who are excited for you in it. I am excited to be here, but I miss my wonderful friends from home.
Today was the first day of classes for the students, and my first taste of how life is going to be for the next few months. The day started at 7:30 for a staff prayer meeting, then corporate worship, class, lunch, more class, dinner, more class...and finally back to my room at 9:00pm. Long day, but good. I'm still struggling with jet lag & the leftover cough and lack of voice from Chile, so there were times it was a struggle to stay awake in class, but all in all, it was a good day. We have about 40 students from 11 different nations, and they all have such a hunger for the Lord and to go deeper with him. It's awesome. I was a little overwhelmed today as I didn't really know who anyone was in our school, I'm still not completely set up in my room, still need to get logistics taken care of with the Staff Services Dept., but my fellow staff members have been wonderful at welcoming me into everything and making sure I'm a part of things.
I'm excited to see what the next few months are going to look like. If it's anything like today, it's going to be great. Day 1 of classes and the students were already on their knees in tears before the cross, I was brought to tears myself a couple of times, and the Spirit of the Lord is so clearly moving. I'm believing for good things ahead of me.
Thank you to all who have been praying. Keep it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment