Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pastoral Visits

Not long ago, I got back from the trip of a lifetime.  I had the privilege of visiting 5 of our 9 teams out on outreach.  The purpose of the trip was to see how the teams were doing, meet one on one with each staff & student, encourage, and pray for the teams.  I loved it!

I was blessed to start my trip by visiting a long-time friend in the Czech Republic.  I've been there before, but it's been about 6 years.  It was great to catch up, see some sites, and meet her new baby.

After that, I began the journey of visiting our teams.  I got to see them in ministry, meet locals, and also be a tourist.  Having only 4 days in each location, it went fast, but I feel like this trip was one blessing after the next.  The Lord is so good.  I felt like in every location He was providing special little blessings just to say He loved me, He saw me.

One of those blessings had to do with food.  I am gluten-intolerant, so I was a little concerned how I would do with food while traveling.  Being in each place only 4 days, I didn't really have time to be sick, but in every location, the teams were able to cook for themselves, so I was always able to have a gluten-free option.

Another blessing was my luggage.  I had 19 flights, had to take 5 buses, 2 ferries & countless taxis.  My luggage made it with me to every location!  That is a miracle!!

One of my favorite blessings was getting to see my friend Richard.  Last year, I co-lead an outreach team to Guatemala.  My team & I met Richard while serving food to the homeless.  We all connected well & would hang out every week.  Richard wasn't in YWAM at the time, but since then has done his DTS.  I was blessed to meet him again this year, in Turkey, while he was on his outreach.  I know this was seriously a God-connection.  I mean, what are the odds that I would see him, a year later, in Turkey, and we happen to be in the same city, at the same time, and even staying in the same hotel...and we did not plan it!  It was great to connect with him again & hear all God had been doing in his life.

While the trip was amazing, one of the most challenging things about this journey was doing it alone.  There were times where I had no idea where I was supposed to go, no helpful signs or couldn't read the signs, tired of carrying my luggage, didn't know the language...just didn't feel I had the strength to do it.  I often called out for Jesus to help me, to be my strength.  He so was!  I have never been so aware of his presence as during this trip.  He gave me strength when I felt I could not go on (traveling so quickly, in so many different cultures, meeting with so many people is tiring!)  He is so faithful.

I think the greatest blessing of this trip has been falling more in love with Him.  It is such a privilege getting to do what I do, but the greatest privilege is getting to be in a personal relationship with the creator of the universe who knows me better than I do.  I have loved seeing his faithfulness, his provision, his love, his blessings.  I think I'm finally learning to live life as a daughter of the King, and not just a servant of the King.  There's a big difference between the two.  Life looks & feels so much different walking in the identity of daughter.  I love it.  I love Him.

I'm so thankful to have had this experience...getting to do something I love (meeting one on one with people & encouraging them) and getting to see places in the world that most people only dream of.  I serve a wonderful God.  I am one blessed chick.

I took a bajillion photos, but here's a few of my favorites for you to see where I went:

The Charles Bridge, Prague

The main cathedral in Prague

ridiculous architecture!

with my sweet friend of 19 years (wow!)

I just think this is a pretty tree, Prague

This is the beginnings of sunrise over the Mediterranean,
as seen from Spain (no filter)

One of the many cool doors I saw - North Africa
Loved all the fun doors- North Africa

Buildings forever and a day - Egypt

Can't go to Egypt w/o seeing the pyramids & a camel ride

Gettin' friendly with the Sphinx

Hanging out with one of the teams @ the Dead Sea


All muddy in the Dead Sea w/the team & some local friends



Petra (a dream come true to visit here!)
I now have a favorite animal- camels...look at that face!
Had so much fun visiting with these two!


Wadi Mujib- quite possibly the most epic place I have ever been


Beautiful Turkey.  Had no idea it was so pretty!

being a tourist in front of the theater at Ephesus

The Apostle Paul walked this road!

The library at Ephesus

Ephesians in Ephesus...so cool.

My friend Richard, who I met in Guatemala last year while leading
outreach ,and now met him in Turkey this year while he
was on outreach...small YWAM world!

In the land of Mother Russia

colorful market

inside a Russian Orthodox church

Coffee art at its finest

So great to visit these two.  Last year, Savanna was
on my team, this year she's co-leading her own!

visiting friends in the hospital

just think this one is fun :)

learning how to make Syrian kabobs from a local friend

A team dancing with special needs friends

 And here's some final special ones for you...while in one of the muslim nations, we were going to go hiking with some locals, the girls had to stay somewhat modest still, so these were the beautiful outfits we got to wear.  Oh yeah...dying to your reputation.  :)



No comments: