I'm super excited to finally be able to announce that I'm co-leading a team on outreach to Belize & Guatemala! My co-leader, Maria, and I will be taking a small team of young women into Central America at the end of March and will be there until the beginning of June. We are still working out what our ministry will be, but we are excited about the things God has been speaking about what our time there will look like. We have become known as the B & G blondes because I decided it was way too long to say Belize & Guatemala every time, so I shortened it (perhaps a bit lazy, but I'm ok with it; let's call it being efficient.), and we are all blondes, so we became the B & G Blondes. We won't stand out at all, right? God always seems to send me to places where I completely stand out. It can be uncomfortable at times, but I've begun to look at it as opportunities. By our standing out and looking different on the outside, it can attract attention, draw people to us, and then we can share Jesus. So really, it's a blessing! (I may need reminding of this when I've been in it a couple months...) We are already being given an open door to talk with people just because we look different. Thank you Jesus!
For the students to figure out what team they were on, everyone in the school was sent on a hunt to search for a puzzle piece, based on a clue they had been given. When they found their piece, they had to come back and find others who had the same color as them. Once they put them together they made a picture of the flag for the country they were going to. On the back of the puzzle pieces were the scrambled letters of the leaders' names. To figure out the leaders of their team, they had to un-scramble the names. It was super fun to watch everyone in the school first of all realize who was on their team, then where they were going, and finally see who their leaders were.
Our school has 11 teams going to 14 different nations: Belize & Guatemala, Brazil, Costa Rica, Palau, India, Cambodia, Cambodia & Myanmar, Nepal, and 5 other nations located in Africa, Asia & the Middle East (we can't say specifically online for the protection of the workers that are already in these countries, but also for our teams that will need to get in them.)
So let me introduce you to the B & G Blondes. Maria (co-leader) is 21
and from Sweden. Susanne is 19, from Norway. Lisa is 19, from
Canada. And Savanna is 19, from Ventura, California. So we've got a
young team, but they are great! We've begun to get to know each
already and I'm looking forward to many times of laughter & ministry together.
Just like the students, I also have to raise money to be able go on outreach and lead the team. I'm trying to raise around $2500 for outreach, $500 of which is due this Friday, Feb. 1st. If you would like to be a part of my team through a financial donation, please let me know and I can give you instructions. All donations can be tax-deductible.
Below are pics of the outreach team announcement night.
 |
| Belize & Guatemala are located just below Mexico |
|
 |
| putting puzzle pieces together |
 |
| the school realizing their teams |
 |
| My girls discovering their countries & team |
 |
| The B & G Blondes, from L-R: Maria, Erin, Lisa, Susanne & Savanna |
 |
| The Belize & Guatemala flags puzzle |
 |
| The leader names scrambled |
No comments:
Post a Comment