The time has finally come, and on January 3rd, we welcomed 52 students from 5 different nations to the Engage DTS of 2013! They have come hungry to know God, and He is not disappointing. Our first week brought teaching from YWAM legend, Donna Jordan, on hearing the voice of God. On day one, lives began to change as the students learned they could hear God's voice. Throughout the week, we all practiced listening to His voice, and were blown away and/or encouraged by the things He said to us. Various students recommitted their lives to the Lord, and we all took things to burn and/or to leave at the cross, symbolizing He has Lordship over every area of our lives.
It was a challenging week, but so good. Chains are beginning to be broken and freedom is coming for staff and student alike! Personally, God has challenged me to lay down my fear of man (basically meaning that I (or anyone could) care about man's opinion more than God...so this sometimes prevents us from doing or saying things we should). To the extent that I fear man means that I'm not fearing God. I don't want to have anything ahead of God. I took a first step in going against the fear of man by teaching the school briefly on Friday afternoon. It was a challenge, but through His grace I did it! :)
I am so looking forward to the following weeks, and the freedom and joy that will come for all involved. So thankful to be a part of this!
Click on the pick below to be taken to a photo album with more images from the school.
It was a challenging week, but so good. Chains are beginning to be broken and freedom is coming for staff and student alike! Personally, God has challenged me to lay down my fear of man (basically meaning that I (or anyone could) care about man's opinion more than God...so this sometimes prevents us from doing or saying things we should). To the extent that I fear man means that I'm not fearing God. I don't want to have anything ahead of God. I took a first step in going against the fear of man by teaching the school briefly on Friday afternoon. It was a challenge, but through His grace I did it! :)
I am so looking forward to the following weeks, and the freedom and joy that will come for all involved. So thankful to be a part of this!
Click on the pick below to be taken to a photo album with more images from the school.
![]() |
| Teaching the school |

No comments:
Post a Comment