Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012- Highlights of the year

This year was definitely full of firsts and unexpected events.  The year started out by celebrating New Year's in Chile, while I was there with a team I co-lead from my church.  Two days after getting back, I packed up my life and moved to Hawaii to staff again with YWAM in Kona, Hawaii.  What followed has been a year of adventure as I've sought to follow God in this crazy life I lead.  Here are some of the highlights w/a few pics.

  • I found myself in 6 different countries, many for the first time (the year started out in Chile, and also included time in South Korea, Thailand, India, Bangladesh, and the good ol' USA)
  • Went horseback riding on the beach (in Chile) and nearly lost my life!  Also nearly lost my life multiple times in India & Bangladesh due to crazy drivers.  Laughter was involved (probably out of fear), but also genuine concern.  Thankfully, God has so protected me this year!!
  • Back in missions full time
  • Led a team by myself into India & Bangladesh
  • Shared the gospel in various slums & villages with people who had never heard of Jesus
  • Helped build a water filtration system, giving a school of 70 children clean drinking water for the first time!
  • Got to visit a village where my team was the first group of white people they had ever seen & shared the gospel in the middle of a Buddhist ceremony
  • Experienced drinking straight from coconuts that were just cut off the tree, multiple times while visiting villages in Bangladesh
  • Celebrated my parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary with all my family
  • Moved to Hawaii after making a 1 year commitment to YWAM
  • Get to work with an amazing group of Jesus chasers
  • And have met Jesus in a more personal, deeper way than ever before.... just to name a few
This has been a great year, but also had it's challenges.  Thank you to those of you who have supported me through finances, prayer & encouragement.  I couldn't have done this without you.  Thank you for partnering with me.  I look forward to the unexpected in 2013!

On the crazy horse that nearly killed me in Chile

My team I led to India & Bangladesh

Some of my team & I with a woman we shared the gospel with for the first time, in India

My team with the water filtration system we built for a school in India

Leading worship songs & sharing the gospel in the middle of a Buddhist ceremony, Bangladesh
drinking from a coconut for the first time

My team with a family that hosted us for the afternoon, we were the first white people in this village

After outreach, we had a few days' layover in Thailand.  Here some fellow staff & I are waiting for our legit Thai messages

My immediate family at my parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary

The Engage Staff that I get to work with for the next 6 months (plus 2 who weren't there)


No comments: