When you live in the land of endless summer, it makes it hard to feel like it's the holidays. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, and love being here, but it just doesn't really feel like Christmas. You only really know it's Christmas time when you walk in the stores and see all the decorations, though some people have put up decorations at their houses.
This year is a little different for me as it's the first time I've been away from family on Christmas, when I was in the same country as all of them. I've missed Christmases before, but I was in different countries, so it didn't really feel like I was missing Christmas. But this year I'm in the same country as them, but away from them. I love my family dearly and will miss them on Christmas, also because it's my birthday and I'm used the spending the whole day with them. So I guess this is just another step in being a grown-up, you miss Christmas with your family, and you put up your own decorations. Fortunately, my housemates love Christmas too, so it was no problem getting lights and whatnot up. So here are pics from around my house. This is how we brought Christmas to Hawaii. :)
 |
| Picking out a tree with my friend Joanna |
 |
| We felt so grown up...two girls got the tree by ourselves, had it loaded on top of the SUV, but took it down ourselves |
 |
| Our front door |
 |
| Our front entrance, a twinkle-light wonderland |
 |
| my bedroom |
 |
| even my bathroom got lights |
 |
| our tree |
 |
| what is Christmas without moving reindeer in your backyard? |
 |
| our living room |
 |
| ready to make some fudge in my new apron...thanks Mom! |
No comments:
Post a Comment