Sunday, November 30, 2008

Rummage Sale Success!

Well, I finally had the rummage sale yesterday and it was a huge success! I was blown away by the amount of things that people donated to me for my sale and by the help I received. It took about 24 hours to set up and price everything and it seemed like I needed an army of people to help me. On Wednesday, I spent about 6 hours setting things up and had only touched half of the items. I began to wonder if I was ever going to get things set up. On Friday I had 2 people helping me continue to set things up and begin to price...I didn't think we were going to get it done in time. But fortunately, by the grace of God, some dear people from Cornerstone saw the help I needed and stayed to help me get things done. I had about 10 people helping me to get everything set out and priced and finally around 8:30pm I was able to leave the church. I then went home and made posters and banners for advertising.

We sold everything from furniture to clothes & shoes, snacks, toys, tools, dishes...you name it and we probably had it.


This is what the room looked like before the sale. I also used a small room that was through that door in the background.


This is what it looked like during the sale...





The checkout table

My sister Kim and friend Brandy at the checkout table

We also had yummy treats to buy...coffee, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, tea, donuts, muffins & homemade cookies.


During the morning my dad manned the table and then Diane stepped in for the rest of the day.


My former boss and 2 of his kids dropped by and even volunteered to stand by the road and wave at cars to get their attention!
Jenna, Dr. Brunton & Troy

Like I said, the sale was a huge success and we brought in just over $1600! Even with all we sold we still had quite a bit left over, so we left things set up in a small room and opened it up after church to the people at Cornerstone who might not have been able to stop by yesterday. We made an additional $205 today..bringing the grand total to $1837! Adding this amount to what I already have, I now have enough to purchase my health insurance which costs $1841. Praise the Lord, He is good! I've never seen such a successful sale and I know it is because of the goodness of God.

I want to thank all of you who donated items, purchased items, and who prayed for the success of this sale. I couldn't have done it without you. I am so touched and encouraged by the support I have received and have been so blessed by you guys. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: