You know those people who are always happy, quick to smile and just seem contently joyful in any and every circumstance? I'm not talking about the annoyingly-happy type people you want to punch in the face because they must be fake, I mean the ones who are genuinely joyful. I've met people who are just so ridiculously in love with Jesus that they are continuously joy-filled, and in any and every circumstance. They are quick to offer a genuine smile when they see you and you know they really care, and even when things are bad, they are still joyful and quick to testify to God's goodness. I see those people and I've always thought, man, it would be awesome to be like that, to really have a heart for people, to be content in who you are, and to know that anything that comes across your path is going to be ok and doesn't necessitate a freak-out session.
I have not been that person. I am a very black & white person, call it as it is, a realist, often a cynic, am more likely to choose task over relationship, and have even claimed, "I don't like people" or "I'm not a people person". I say this not because I'm proud of those things, but to show where I'm coming from, and to proclaim that they are not who God made me to be.
Jesus has been a part of my life for many years now, but it hasn't been until recently that I've really begun to know him. This is the process that I'm in right now. I'm getting to know the man Jesus, the Father & the Holy Spirit, and in knowing them, I'm learning more of who they made me to be. And let me tell you, it's amazing. When you realize who God really is, His goodness, His character, it's life changing. It brings freedom, joy. When you begin to recognize the lies of the enemy, the things you have believed for so long, and can replace them with truth...ahhhh.....such freedom & joy!
John 8:31-32 says, "...If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." And in Galatians 5:1, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." God does not want us to live in slavery, in bondage to the ploys of the enemy. Christ died that we might live in freedom! Jesus himself said, "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (Jn. 10:10) I have been living in bondage to the lies of the enemy. Yes, I was saved, but have still been carrying around a yoke of slavery-the lies of the enemy. Because I have listened to those lies, I have not really known who God was or who he made me to be, and I think because of that, I have not been the joyful person that I would like to be, or who God made me to be. Sure I have moments of happiness, but it's not been sustainable on my own power, and I can't say that I have genuinely cared about each person that came across my path.
But I'm on this journey of discovering the truth, and the truth is setting me free! And in this freedom, I'm experiencing joy, my heart is filling with joy, and I'm learning to love people. As I learn more of who Jesus is, and his ridiculous love for me, I'm learning to live life abundantly, which is what he wants for me. I'm learning new truths & remembering ones I had forgotten, learning more of who He made me to be, and learning to walk it out, and it's so awesome.
I am far from perfect, and will probably have lapses so extend grace, but I'm growing. I'm learning to be a lover of God and a lover of people. It's who he made me to be. I still call it as it is, because I am a truth bringer and call people out with truth, so that does not change, but the heart behind it does.
I can hardly put into words the joy that my heart has been feeling over the last couple weeks, and it continues to grow as I continue to know Jesus more. If you don't know Jesus, you've got to meet him. He changes everything. You can live in freedom, joy, confidence, and know your purpose in life. He's waiting for you to come to him! Ask him into your life!
If you know Jesus already, get to know him better. Just like any other relationship, to get to know someone, you've got to spend time with them, so start with that. And start praying that he will change your heart, bring you revelation of his love for you, ask for more joy...it works! That's what I did. Jesus asks us, "what do you want me to do for you?" (Mt. 20:32) So ask him! You can live in freedom & joy!
I have not been that person. I am a very black & white person, call it as it is, a realist, often a cynic, am more likely to choose task over relationship, and have even claimed, "I don't like people" or "I'm not a people person". I say this not because I'm proud of those things, but to show where I'm coming from, and to proclaim that they are not who God made me to be.
Jesus has been a part of my life for many years now, but it hasn't been until recently that I've really begun to know him. This is the process that I'm in right now. I'm getting to know the man Jesus, the Father & the Holy Spirit, and in knowing them, I'm learning more of who they made me to be. And let me tell you, it's amazing. When you realize who God really is, His goodness, His character, it's life changing. It brings freedom, joy. When you begin to recognize the lies of the enemy, the things you have believed for so long, and can replace them with truth...ahhhh.....such freedom & joy!
John 8:31-32 says, "...If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." And in Galatians 5:1, "It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." God does not want us to live in slavery, in bondage to the ploys of the enemy. Christ died that we might live in freedom! Jesus himself said, "I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." (Jn. 10:10) I have been living in bondage to the lies of the enemy. Yes, I was saved, but have still been carrying around a yoke of slavery-the lies of the enemy. Because I have listened to those lies, I have not really known who God was or who he made me to be, and I think because of that, I have not been the joyful person that I would like to be, or who God made me to be. Sure I have moments of happiness, but it's not been sustainable on my own power, and I can't say that I have genuinely cared about each person that came across my path.
But I'm on this journey of discovering the truth, and the truth is setting me free! And in this freedom, I'm experiencing joy, my heart is filling with joy, and I'm learning to love people. As I learn more of who Jesus is, and his ridiculous love for me, I'm learning to live life abundantly, which is what he wants for me. I'm learning new truths & remembering ones I had forgotten, learning more of who He made me to be, and learning to walk it out, and it's so awesome.
I am far from perfect, and will probably have lapses so extend grace, but I'm growing. I'm learning to be a lover of God and a lover of people. It's who he made me to be. I still call it as it is, because I am a truth bringer and call people out with truth, so that does not change, but the heart behind it does.
I can hardly put into words the joy that my heart has been feeling over the last couple weeks, and it continues to grow as I continue to know Jesus more. If you don't know Jesus, you've got to meet him. He changes everything. You can live in freedom, joy, confidence, and know your purpose in life. He's waiting for you to come to him! Ask him into your life!
If you know Jesus already, get to know him better. Just like any other relationship, to get to know someone, you've got to spend time with them, so start with that. And start praying that he will change your heart, bring you revelation of his love for you, ask for more joy...it works! That's what I did. Jesus asks us, "what do you want me to do for you?" (Mt. 20:32) So ask him! You can live in freedom & joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment