Friday, September 21, 2012

Bitter-sweetness & Favor

The day is finally here!  I'm flying out to Kona today.  I'm currently sitting in the San Diego airport, waiting for my first flight to Santa Rosa, then to Los Angeles, and finally to Kona.  Because I used my miles to get my ticket, I have a roundabout way of getting to Kona, but I don't mind because my ticket only cost $5!

Every time I'm about to go on a trip, I get super excited, but it's also a little sad too.  I have an amazing family.  My parents are incredibly supportive, loving & encouraging.  My sisters and their families are also very supportive.  I love spending time with my family.  I love my family.  So whenever this time comes around, it's bitter-sweet for me.  I'm excited to be going, because I know it's what God has for me, and it's where I'm supposed to be, but at the same time, I'm sad to leave my family.
And along with my family, I have some pretty great friends who are supporters of what I'm doing in life.  Friends who throw me welcome home parties, and going away dinners, who stop by on their lunch hours so they can say goodbye.  It's sad to leave them behind as well, but I am thankful for modern technology like skype, texts & good ol' Facebook, that allows me to keep in touch fairly easily!  So yes, I'm excited to go, but yes, I will also miss friends & family at home.  Thank you to my friends & family who continue to stand behind me in all that I do.  I love you guys!

And on an exciting note, when I booked my ticket, it had me flying with two different airlines.  It said that my baggage rates fell under the rates of the first airline I'm flying with.  I was ok with that because the baggage rates were much cheaper!  Being as the rates were cheaper, I decided to go ahead and pack everything and I have 3 bags.  They were only going to be $20 a bag.  And it was cheaper to have a third bag then to pay overweight fees, so I went for it.

When I got to the airport to check-in, however, the airline told me the rules have changed and I had to pay the rates of whatever the more expensive airline was.  WHAT?!!?!  That meant that my first bag would cost $25, the second $35, and the third $150.  Holy cow!  I would never have packed a third bag if I knew I would have to pay that.  I kept questioning it though, because my paperwork said I was to only pay $20 per bag.  They kept having issues trying to find the right fees, saying that they had to use the new rules, and I of course was standing there praying the whole time, and they finally agreed to let me have it at $20 per bag.  Woohoo!  Praise the Lord!  So instead of paying $210, I only had to pay $60!  Thank you Lord for your never ending favor!!

So Kona, here I come.  Stay classy San Diego! ;)

No comments: