I have just completed the training portion of Intro to Primary Health Care, and I'm about to leave for outreach into India. These last 3 months have been so good for me. I've had a chance to take a break from so much of the responsibilities I used to carry, and I've been able to learn about something that has always been on my heart- health care, and I've been able to become excited about life again.
The time has flown by and I can't believe that tomorrow I get on a plane to go help people with their health. It has been one miracle after another of the Lord's provision to get me to Kona, to pay for my training, and to pay for outreach. Thank you to those of you who have given towards it. I am humbled and so appreciative of you who believe in me and what God does through me.
I am super excited to go, and I find it such a privilege to be able to serve the Lord in other countries, but I must admit, it's a little hard too. I love getting to go, but I hate saying goodbye to my family. Even though I don't live near them when I'm in Kona, I'm still within easy reach. When I go to another country I'm not as easily accessible, or rather, they are not as easily accessible.
I am blessed with an amazing family that supports, encourages, and prays for me. I love them. But no matter how long I've done this, and no matter how old I get, I still find it hard to say goodbye to them, especially my parents. It never fails, when I have to make that final goodbye call to them, I always cry. I become so overwhelmed by love for them, so appreciative of them and all they have done for me, and I hate knowing that I will be so far away. And if I'm being honest, I suppose a little fear creeps in of "what if something happens to them and I'm so far away?" or "what if something happens to me and I never see them again?" I know I can't live in fear, but those two questions are real possibilities. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. However, I have to trust that the Lord will take care of each of us.
And in the end, as much as I love my family and want to be with them, my Lord is worth serving and sacrificing for. So I gladly go into the nations for His glory, and leave my family in His capable hands. And I am excited for it, and feel blessed to live this life I live.
"Jesus said, 'Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life." Mark 10:29-30
The time has flown by and I can't believe that tomorrow I get on a plane to go help people with their health. It has been one miracle after another of the Lord's provision to get me to Kona, to pay for my training, and to pay for outreach. Thank you to those of you who have given towards it. I am humbled and so appreciative of you who believe in me and what God does through me.
I am super excited to go, and I find it such a privilege to be able to serve the Lord in other countries, but I must admit, it's a little hard too. I love getting to go, but I hate saying goodbye to my family. Even though I don't live near them when I'm in Kona, I'm still within easy reach. When I go to another country I'm not as easily accessible, or rather, they are not as easily accessible.
I am blessed with an amazing family that supports, encourages, and prays for me. I love them. But no matter how long I've done this, and no matter how old I get, I still find it hard to say goodbye to them, especially my parents. It never fails, when I have to make that final goodbye call to them, I always cry. I become so overwhelmed by love for them, so appreciative of them and all they have done for me, and I hate knowing that I will be so far away. And if I'm being honest, I suppose a little fear creeps in of "what if something happens to them and I'm so far away?" or "what if something happens to me and I never see them again?" I know I can't live in fear, but those two questions are real possibilities. Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. However, I have to trust that the Lord will take care of each of us.
And in the end, as much as I love my family and want to be with them, my Lord is worth serving and sacrificing for. So I gladly go into the nations for His glory, and leave my family in His capable hands. And I am excited for it, and feel blessed to live this life I live.
"Jesus said, 'Truly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or lands, for my sake and for the gospel, who will not receive a hundredfold now in this time, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and lands, with persecutions, and in the age to come eternal life." Mark 10:29-30
No comments:
Post a Comment