Well, I've had 3 days of class already and I am excited! I can tell it's going to be a lot of work...lots of memorizing & studying ahead of me, but I am excited for what the end result will be.
There is so much needless illness & death occurring around the world, I can't wait to get my chance to help put an end to some of it.
Recently, I learned some of the following statistics:
- Approximately 1/3 of children under 5 years old are malnourished
-Malnutrition is a contributing factor in 55% of deaths in children under 5 yrs
-5 million children died in 2010 from preventable causes!
- In 2011, 1.2 million children died from diarrhea and 1.8 million children died from respiratory infections
-90% of diarrhea related deaths are preventable!!
-80% of acute illnesses are due to unclean water
These things are ridiculous! There is no need for people to be dying from preventable causes like diarrhea or malnutrition. We have the education & resources to prevent it...we just need to share it. So every day, I am getting more and more excited to head into India and help teach the people how to live healthier, what basic health care is, and hopefully the love of the God who loves them so much!
| my books! |
There is so much needless illness & death occurring around the world, I can't wait to get my chance to help put an end to some of it.
Recently, I learned some of the following statistics:
- Approximately 1/3 of children under 5 years old are malnourished
-Malnutrition is a contributing factor in 55% of deaths in children under 5 yrs
-5 million children died in 2010 from preventable causes!
- In 2011, 1.2 million children died from diarrhea and 1.8 million children died from respiratory infections
-90% of diarrhea related deaths are preventable!!
-80% of acute illnesses are due to unclean water
These things are ridiculous! There is no need for people to be dying from preventable causes like diarrhea or malnutrition. We have the education & resources to prevent it...we just need to share it. So every day, I am getting more and more excited to head into India and help teach the people how to live healthier, what basic health care is, and hopefully the love of the God who loves them so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment