On our campus, we all have ID cards that we swipe in the meal line, as well as to open the gate at the entrance. My card had a small section at the top break off, which apparently stopped it's ability to be read by the little machine-thingys. Lame. So I needed to buy a new card for $5. I didn't have $5.
Also adding to the annoying-ness of even having to purchase a new card that was otherwise fine besides that small broken section, was the fact that you can only get a replacement card between 12pm-1pm. One hour a day. So I needed to try to get $5 and make it to that hour.
Last night I prayed and asked God to provide the $5 so I could replace my card, as it was something I needed. Thinking about the various ways I could try to find $5, thus displaying my unbelief, I couldn't really find a good solution on my own. Today's hour came & passed. I didn't have the money, and wasn't sure how long it would be until I was able to get a new card.
After my lunch break, I was back in the office and a co-worker walked up and dropped a $10 bill on my desk. I asked her, "what is that for?" She replied, "It's a gift from heaven." What?! I said, "are you serious?" I proceeded to tell her about what I had prayed the night before and how I needed to buy a new ID card, so I needed $5. She then got up, went to her purse and said, "Oh then let me give you $5 for that." Again, what?!
So I was given $15 today. I was able to go to the store and buy some eggs & lunch meat, and I have $5 to go get my new card tomorrow. Even in my unbelief (how I was thinking of some way I could try to get the money on my own), God was faithful and provided. He cares about the little things because we care about the little things.
Ask God for the things you need, leave it with him, and stop worrying. He is faithful to take care of you. "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Matthew 6:26
God is faithful!
Also adding to the annoying-ness of even having to purchase a new card that was otherwise fine besides that small broken section, was the fact that you can only get a replacement card between 12pm-1pm. One hour a day. So I needed to try to get $5 and make it to that hour.
Last night I prayed and asked God to provide the $5 so I could replace my card, as it was something I needed. Thinking about the various ways I could try to find $5, thus displaying my unbelief, I couldn't really find a good solution on my own. Today's hour came & passed. I didn't have the money, and wasn't sure how long it would be until I was able to get a new card.
After my lunch break, I was back in the office and a co-worker walked up and dropped a $10 bill on my desk. I asked her, "what is that for?" She replied, "It's a gift from heaven." What?! I said, "are you serious?" I proceeded to tell her about what I had prayed the night before and how I needed to buy a new ID card, so I needed $5. She then got up, went to her purse and said, "Oh then let me give you $5 for that." Again, what?!
So I was given $15 today. I was able to go to the store and buy some eggs & lunch meat, and I have $5 to go get my new card tomorrow. Even in my unbelief (how I was thinking of some way I could try to get the money on my own), God was faithful and provided. He cares about the little things because we care about the little things.
Ask God for the things you need, leave it with him, and stop worrying. He is faithful to take care of you. "Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Matthew 6:26
God is faithful!
No comments:
Post a Comment