When I look at my life, the people in it, the things I have, the things I get to do, it's ridiculous how blessed I am. I live in a first world country where practically anything and everything is at my fingertips. I have a roof over my head, clean running water (hot & cold), electricity, many appliances to make life easy, food of all sorts of flavors (pretty much whatever I want), numerous shoes & pieces of clothing, I am educated, I have amazing family and friends who support me. I get to disciple others in their walks with God, as my job, and I get to lead them into other countries where we can share about Jesus to people who have no hope and have never heard of him, and see their lives transformed because of him. Ridiculous. Oh, and on top of it all, I am able to have a relationship with the Creator of the universe. I have been forgiven of my sins, and instead of an eternity in hell, I get to spend eternity with my Savior and the Lover of my soul, delighting in Him and He in me.
How in the world I ever can complain, or be put out about things, is mind boggling. I am just like the Israelites in the desert. I could never figure out how they could complain or turn to false gods when they had seen miracles and God was so clearly leading them, yet I am just like them. Time to take the plank out of my eye. I have seen God's miracles of provision in my life, He's so faithful, and the miracle of the transformation of my heart...that's been the latest miracle for me.
As I've been a part of the Leadership Track, my heart has changed so much. I had no idea what I was getting into with the track, and honestly there have been times where I questioned if I really wanted to do this. I had to do things I was uncomfortable with, or unsure about. But as I have pushed through, God has also pushed through. He's been pushing through the lies I have believed about Him, as well as about me. And sometimes it's been things I didn't even know I believed. For example, I discovered that I believed that God didn't want to give me good things. I knew he was a provider, but I realized I only expected him to provide the basic necessities, to meet the basic need, but nothing more. I didn't think he would want to give me extra blessings, or the desires of my heart. Scripture even says that if man knows how to give good things to his children, how much more does God? (Matthew 7:8-11) I knew the Bible said this, but deep down didn't believe it.
Other lies I realized I was believing had to do with my value and worth, being good enough. As light has been shown on these lies, God has been bringing in his truth and it has been changing my whole mindset. I have been learning more about who God really is, and as you learn that, you begin to understand his love, and once you understand that, everything changes. I know I have not fully grasped his love, and I pray for greater understanding all the time, but as I'm beginning to know it and walk in it, everything else changes. I am able to like who I am, and as I'm filled with his love, it overflows onto others and I'm able to love them as He intends for me to. And in the midst of it all, he's filling me with joy. It's so good. I want more. I want more of him, more of his love, more understanding of it.
This has been a season of challenges, but such growth! God told me this would be a season of going deeper, and he has proved himself true to that. I'm so thankful for this season. I'm thankful for a God that loves me enough that he continuously pursues me, even when I reject him, and is faithful to complete the good work he has started in me.
How in the world I ever can complain, or be put out about things, is mind boggling. I am just like the Israelites in the desert. I could never figure out how they could complain or turn to false gods when they had seen miracles and God was so clearly leading them, yet I am just like them. Time to take the plank out of my eye. I have seen God's miracles of provision in my life, He's so faithful, and the miracle of the transformation of my heart...that's been the latest miracle for me.
As I've been a part of the Leadership Track, my heart has changed so much. I had no idea what I was getting into with the track, and honestly there have been times where I questioned if I really wanted to do this. I had to do things I was uncomfortable with, or unsure about. But as I have pushed through, God has also pushed through. He's been pushing through the lies I have believed about Him, as well as about me. And sometimes it's been things I didn't even know I believed. For example, I discovered that I believed that God didn't want to give me good things. I knew he was a provider, but I realized I only expected him to provide the basic necessities, to meet the basic need, but nothing more. I didn't think he would want to give me extra blessings, or the desires of my heart. Scripture even says that if man knows how to give good things to his children, how much more does God? (Matthew 7:8-11) I knew the Bible said this, but deep down didn't believe it.
Other lies I realized I was believing had to do with my value and worth, being good enough. As light has been shown on these lies, God has been bringing in his truth and it has been changing my whole mindset. I have been learning more about who God really is, and as you learn that, you begin to understand his love, and once you understand that, everything changes. I know I have not fully grasped his love, and I pray for greater understanding all the time, but as I'm beginning to know it and walk in it, everything else changes. I am able to like who I am, and as I'm filled with his love, it overflows onto others and I'm able to love them as He intends for me to. And in the midst of it all, he's filling me with joy. It's so good. I want more. I want more of him, more of his love, more understanding of it.
This has been a season of challenges, but such growth! God told me this would be a season of going deeper, and he has proved himself true to that. I'm so thankful for this season. I'm thankful for a God that loves me enough that he continuously pursues me, even when I reject him, and is faithful to complete the good work he has started in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment