Monday, May 7, 2012

Creatures Living Inside- written 5/6


Today is the 4th full day we have been in Bangladesh, and it’s also the 4th full day that I’ve had stabbing stomach pains & diarrhea.  Welcome to Bangladesh.  It makes it a little difficult to go out anywhere, as I can’t be too far away from a bathroom.  I started antibiotics yesterday, after waiting it out 48 hours to see if perhaps it was just food poisoning.  It wasn’t, so now I’m on a 5 day treatment to hopefully wipe out whatever is in me.
Back in Kona, our team had received various words in prayer about sickness & parasites.  It seems to be coming true.  Our team has constantly had someone sick since we arrived in Asia.  Today, 5 out of 6 are currently sick in some way, shape or form, whether it’s a cold, constant diarrhea, hives,  or headaches & upset stomachs.  We’ve been in this region of the world for over a month now, so you would think we’d be adjusted by now.  We take caution in the food that we buy and in washing our hands and using sanitizer.  That being the case, I really believe that we are under a spiritual attack.  The enemy is trying to take us down physically so that we can have no effect spiritually. 
This morning our team had a great time of worship, affirming each other, taking communion, and praying for each person on the team for healing.  We are in a battle.  We have to walk out in our power and authority and rebuke the schemes of the enemy.  But we can’t do it alone.  We need your help.  Please join in praying for my team, for our health.
We leave on Tuesday morning for a 9-10 hour bus ride to another part of the country where we will really be able to begin interacting with the people.  Please pray for full healing before that time, that no one is sick on the bus, and we will be strong and can really begin ministry on Wednesday.  Thank you for standing with me in prayer.  You are just as much a part of this as I am.  Your prayers shake the heavenlies and change the attacks of the enemy, so thank you for standing with me.

No comments: